Litsea, also known as May Chang, is a refreshing, rejuvenating essential oil with a lemony aroma. Litsea has long been used by the indigenous people of Taiwan and offers a variety of health benefits. Litsea is one of my favorite scents. It is citrusy, even though it is a spice and not actually a citrus oil. Litsea’s scent is sweet, fruity, and fresh, Litsea’s scent is often compared to that of lemons.
Litsea is antibacterial, purifying, and immune boosting. Litsea may be beneficial for environmental threats (apply to chest & bottom of feet), difficulty breathing (apply to chest or inhale from cupped hands), throat congestion (apply to chest or inhale from cupped hands), and heart arrhythmia (apply to chest, back of neck or along spine). Litsea is also a surface purifier and air freshener (combine with tea tree and water in a spray bottle as a replacement for harmful chemicals).
The Emotional Benefits:
- The oil of manifestation
- Litsea is a powerful mobilizer of will
- Dispel self-doubt, limiting beliefs, criticism, or blocked potential
- Use this oil when you’re planning, brainstorming, visualizing, or dealing with money habits or choices
- Use aromatically and topically to get from Encumbered to Purified.
Litsea is an amazing essential oil for instilling courage to face your fears. You’ve made a decision, been inspired, and now Litsea helps you to take the next step. Litsea assists in the manifestation limitless possibilities!
Litsea can be used Aromatically, Topically, and Internally.
- Aromatic: Inhale from bottle or diffuse
- Topical: Dilute 1-3 drops with carrier oil (like fractionated coconut oil) and apply to forehead, temples or back of neck
- Internal: Take 1-2 drops under the tongue, in a veggie cap, or in water